Please click HERE to access the website system to submit your case.
Please click the following link for The Call in printer-friendly .pdf form: SECRA 2018 Call for Cases
2018 CALL FOR CASE STUDIES & CASE ABSTRACTS
Southeast Case Research Association
26th Annual Meeting, Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, February 22-24, 2018
The 2018 program organizers of the Southeast Case Research Association (SECRA) invite experienced, new, and student case writers to submit original, unpublished cases to be presented at the 26th Annual Meeting. Case studies in the early stages of development may be submitted without an instructor’s manual. Field-researched cases are especially encouraged.
Submission Deadline: Monday, November 13, 2017
(Cases under development and abstract submissions accepted until January 15, 2018)
SECRA serves as a channel for the development and publication of case studies in all areas of business, education, social issues, technology, healthcare, and other disciplines. Case studies with an instructor’s manual, cases without an instructor’s manual, cases under development, and abstracts will be considered. All cases presented at the 26th Annual Conference will qualify for review and potential publication in the Southeast Case Research Journal.
As a seasoned case study research and development organization, SECRA strongly values and encourages the submission of student-authored cases along with student participation in the conference. During each SECRA conference, students and newcomers to case writing have the opportunity to present their cases for appraisal by experienced case writers. Attendees can hone their skills before submitting a full case at a future meeting.
- Complete cases and instructor manual (IM) submissions are due by November 13, 2017. Only these full submissions will be considered for awards and will receive feedback for revision prior to the camera-ready deadline.
- Cases under development and abstract submissions are due by January 15, 2018.
Only the abstracts of these submissions will be included in the proceedings. Feedback for these cases will be provided during the roundtable sessions at the conference.
- For all submissions, the one-page abstract and revised case materials are due to both the Program Chair and Proceedings Editor by January 22, 2018.
- To be included in the printed program, the registration fee must be paid no later than January 29, 2018.
- The last day that the hotel guaranteed room rate is available is January 22, 2018.
- A late registration fee will be applied after February 1, 2018.
Submission Information and Guidelines
SECRA uses the Conference Review System (CRS) to process submissions and reviews for the conference. Case studies must be submitted according to the instructions provided on the SECRA website (http://www.secra.org). Contact information for all officers, including the Program Chair and Proceedings Editors, can be found on the SECRA webpage.
The following guidelines will aid in the review and editing process. Please follow them to expedite the review process.
- Submit full cases and instructor manuals (IMs) as a single Microsoft Word document file to both the Conference Review System (CRS) and the Program Chair, Kristie Abston (email@example.com). Deadline: November 13, 2017*
*Cases under development and abstract submissions are accepted through January 15, 2018.
- Cases, IMs, and abstracts must be formatted and submitted according to these instructions: https://secra1.files.wordpress.com/2010/11/case-formatting-instructions-secra-20151.pdf
- Submissions must not include any information that identifies the authors or their affiliations.
- The cases being submitted must not have been published or presented elsewhere.
- Submit the one-page abstract (following the template) and revised case materials via email to both the Program Chair and Proceedings Editor. Deadline: January 22, 2018
- Provide contact information for all authors on the abstract and revised materials, including designations such as “faculty supervisor” and “student author,” if applicable. This designation will be the only way we will know if a case is authored/co-authored by a student.
- Address any questions to the Program Chair, Kristie Abston (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Case Study Tracks Available for Submissions
If you do not see a category appropriate for your case, please contact the Program Chair, Kristie Abston (email@example.com). All cases will be considered.
I. Management, Organization & Business
- Accounting and Finance
- Entrepreneurship, Small Business
- Human Resources
- Management, Marketing, Operations, Supply Chain
- Organizational Behavior and Theory
II. Healthcare, Law, Ethics, & Social Issues
- Business and Society
- Ethics and Law
- Public Policy
- Education Leadership and Administration
- Student Affairs
IV. Science, Engineering, and Technology
- Information Technology/MIS
V. Student Cases – All Disciplinary Areas