2019 CALL FOR CASE STUDIES & CASE ABSTRACTS
Southeast Case Research Association
27th Annual Meeting
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
February 21-23, 2019
The 2019 program organizers of the Southeast Case Research Association (SECRA) invite experienced, new, and student case writers to submit original, unpublished cases to be presented at the 27th Annual Meeting. Case studies in the early stages of development may be submitted without an instructor’s manual. Field-researched cases are especially encouraged.
Submission Deadline: Monday, November 12, 2018
(Cases under development and abstract submissions accepted until January 14, 2019)
SECRA serves as a channel for the development and publication of case studies in all areas of business, education, social issues, technology, healthcare, and other disciplines. Case studies with an instructor’s manual, cases without an instructor’s manual, cases under development, and abstracts will be considered. All cases presented at the 27th Annual Conference will qualify for review and potential publication in the Southeast Case Research Journal.
As a seasoned case study research and development organization, SECRA strongly values and encourages the submission of student-authored cases along with student participation in the conference. During each SECRA conference, students and newcomers to case writing have the opportunity to present their cases for appraisal by experienced case writers. Attendees can hone their skills before submitting a full case at a future meeting.
- Complete cases and instructor manual (IM) submissions are due by November 12, 2018. Only these full submissions will be considered for awards and will receive feedback for revision prior to the camera-ready deadline.
- Cases under development and abstract submissions are due by January 14, 2019.
Only the abstracts of these submissions will be included in the proceedings. Feedback for these cases will be provided during the roundtable sessions at the conference.
- For all submissions, the one-page abstract and revised case materials are due to both the Program Chair and Proceedings Editor by January 21, 2019.
- To be included in the printed program, the registration fee must be paid no later than January 28, 2019.
- A late registration fee will be applied after February 1, 2019.
- The last day that the hotel guaranteed room rate is available is January 21, 2019.
Submission Information and Guidelines
Case studies must be submitted according to the instructions provided on the SECRA website (http://www.secra.org). Contact information for all officers, including the Program Chair and Proceedings Editors, can be found on the SECRA webpage.
The following guidelines will aid in the review and editing process. Please follow them to expedite the review process.
- Submit the first copy of your full case and instructor manual (IMs) as a single spaced Microsoft Word document file directly to SECRA2019@gmail.com. This email will be accessed by the Program Chair, Blaine Lawlor and the Associate Program Chair Jonathan Krispin. Deadline: November 12, 2018.
*Cases under development and abstract submissions are accepted through January 14, 2019.
- Cases, IMs, and abstracts must be formatted and submitted according to the instructions posted one the SECRA website. Click for instructions here: Case Formatting Instructions
- Submissions must not include any information that identifies the authors or their affiliations.
- The cases being submitted must not have been published or presented elsewhere.
- Submit the one-page abstract (following the template) and revised case materials via email to Program Chair Blaine Lawlor SECRA2019@gmail.com.and Proceedings Editor (Jonathan Krispin, SECRA2019@gmail.com). Deadline: January 21, 2019.
- Provide contact information for all authors on the abstract and revised materials, including designations such as “faculty supervisor” and “student author,” if applicable. This designation will be the only way we will know if a case is authored/co-authored by a student.
- Address any questions to the Program Chair, Blaine Lawlor (SECRA2019@gmail.com).
Case Study Tracks Available for Submissions
If you do not see a category appropriate for your case, please contact the Program Chair, Blaine Lawlor or the Associate Program Chair Jonathan Krispin (SECRA2019@gmail.com). All cases will be considered.
I. Management, Organizations & Business
- Accounting and Finance
- Entrepreneurship, Small Business
- Human Resources
- Behavior and Theory
- Management, Marketing, Operations, Supply Chain
II. Healthcare, Law, Ethics, & Social Issues
- Business and Society
- Ethics and Law
- Public Policy
- Education Leadership and Administration
- Student Affairs
IV. Science, Engineering, and Technology
- Information Technology/MIS
V. Student Cases – All Disciplinary Areas