Please click HERE to access the website system to submit your case.
Please click the following link for The Call in printer-friendly .pdf form: SECRA 2016 Call for Cases
2016 CALL FOR CASE STUDIES & ABSTRACTS
Southeast Case Research Association
24th Annual Meeting
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
February 25-27, 2016
The 2016 Program Chair of the Southeast Case Research Association (SECRA) invites new case writers, experienced case writers, and student case writers to submit original and unpublished cases to be presented at the 24th Annual SECRA Conference. Case studies in the early stages of development may be submitted without an instructor’s manual. Field-researched cases are especially encouraged.
Submission Due Date – Monday, November 16, 2015
SECRA serves as a channel for the development and publication of case studies in all areas of business, education, social issues, technology, healthcare, and other disciplines. Case studies with an instructor’s manual, cases without an instructor’s manual, and abstracts will be considered.
All cases presented at the Annual Conference will qualify for review and potential publication in the Southeast Case Research Journal.
As a seasoned case study research and development organization, SECRA values, strongly encourages and welcomes the submission of student-authored cases along with student participation in the conference. During each SECRA conference, students and newcomers to case writing have the opportunity to present their cases for appraisal by experienced case writers. Attendees can hone their skills before submitting a full case.
- Complete case studies and instructor manual (IM) submissions are due by November 16, 2015. These cases are eligible for Best Case Awards and receive feedback for revision prior to the conference to ensure suitability for publication in the proceedings. The Lead Authors of Best Cases will be entered into a drawing to receive a registration voucher for the 25th Annual Conference (February 23-25, 2017).
- Presentation-only Cases and Cases under Development. These cases can be included on the program as abstract-only if submitted by the December 14, 2015 due date. These cases receive only an abbreviated review to determine suitability for conference presentation. They will not be published in the proceedings or considered for Best Case Awards. Assessment and feedback for these cases is offered only during the roundtable sessions at the conference.
- For all cases, One-Page Abstracts and Revised Case Materials are due to both the Program Chair and Proceedings Editor by January 11, 2016.
- Only those submissions submitted by Monday, November 16, 2015, will be considered for a Best Case Award and drawing.
- To be included in the printed program, the registration fee must be paid no later than Friday, January 29, 2016.
- The last day that the hotel guaranteed room rate is available is January 24, 2016.
Please submit case studies according to the instructions provided on the SECRA website (http://secra.org/). The following guidelines will aid in the review and editing process. Please follow them so as to expedite the review process.
- Submit Cases and Instructor Manuals (IMs) as a single Microsoft Word document file to both the Conference Review System (CRS) and the Program Chair Dr. Keith Jones (firstname.lastname@example.org) by November 16, 2015.
- Cases and IMs should be formatted and submitted according to the instructions on the SECRA website (http://secra.org/).
- Submissions should not include information that identifies the authors or their affiliation.
- Cases submitted must not have been published or presented elsewhere.
- Only cases with Instructor Manuals submitted by the submission deadline will be considered for awards. A tiered evaluation process will examine (1) Full Cases, and (2) Abstracts.
- Submit One-Page Camera-Ready Abstracts and revised materials by email to both the Program Chair and Proceedings Editor by January 11, 2016. Please provide contact information for all authors on revised materials including designations such as “faculty supervisor” and “student author” if applicable.
- Address any questions to the Program Chair Keith Jones (email@example.com).
Please plan on joining us on the evening of Thursday, February 25 for the Professional Development Workshop. Finger foods will be provided.
Case Study Tracks Available for Submissions
If you do not see a category appropriate for your case, please contact Keith Jones, Program Chair (Keith.firstname.lastname@example.org). All case topics will be considered.
Management, Organization & Business
- Accounting & Finance
- Entrepreneurship, Small Business
- Human Resources
- Management, Marketing, Operations, Supply Chain
- Organizational Behavior and Theory
Healthcare, Law, Ethics, & Social Issues
- Business & Society
- Ethics & Law
- Public Policy
- Education Leadership and Administration
- Student Affairs
- Education Innovation
Science, Technology & Engineering
- Information Systems
- All disciplinary areas