2021 CALL FOR CASES, CASE EMBRYOS, PAPERS, & SYMPOSIA
The 2021 program organizers of the Southeast Case Research Association (SECRA) invite new and experienced case writers to submit original, unpublished cases to be presented at the 30th Annual SECRA Conference. Cases in early development may be submitted without an instructor’s manual. Case embryos in the very early stages may also be submitted.
Complete case and IM submissions for full review and award consideration are due:
November 9, 2020
(Embryo cases and abstract submissions are accepted through January 11, 2021)
SECRA serves as a channel for the development and publication of case studies in all areas of business, education, social issues, technology, healthcare and other disciplines. Cases with an instructor’s manual, cases without an instructor’s manual, case embryos, and abstracts will be considered. All cases presented at the 30th Annual Conference will qualify for review and possible publication in the Southeast Case Research Journal. SECRA strongly encourages student authored case submissions and participation.
- Complete cases and instructor manual (IM) submissions are due by November 9, 2020.
- Camera-ready abstracts and revised materials due by January 22, 2021.
- To be included in the printed program, the registration fee must be paid by January 25, 2021.
The 30th Annual Meeting of the Southeast Case Research Association will be held virtually due to travel restrictions imposed as a response to the COVID-19 pandemic. We will continue to utilize a roundtable format to provide feedback to case presenters on the cases that are submitted.
In addition to the roundtable format used for case presentation and discussion/feedback, we are pleased to announce that we will also have an instructional/developmental track for individuals who would like to receive training on how to develop and write strong case studies. This track will run concurrently with the round tables, and will feature instruction from Susan Peters (editor of the Southeast Case Research Journal), and other experienced case writers.
SECRA uses EasyChair (https://easychair.org/) to process submissions and reviews for the conference. Submit cases according to the instructions on the SECRA website (https://secra1.wordpress.com/). Contact information for all officers, including the Program Chair and Proceedings Editors, can be found on the SECRA webpage.
Please follow these guidelines to aid in the review and editing process:
- Submissions must be formatted and submitted electronically according to the instructions on the SECRA website (https://secra1.wordpress.com/) by November 9, 2020. Case submissions should not include information that identifies the authors or their affiliations. Failure to follow the formatting/submission guidelines may delay or disqualify acceptance.
- SECRA strongly encourages student submission and participation. Please indicate the contact author, faculty advisor, and student author(s), as applicable.
- Cases submitted must not have been published or presented elsewhere. Only complete cases with an accompanying instructor manual submitted by the submission deadline will be considered for awards.
- A tiered evaluation process will examine 1) full cases, 2) embryo cases, and 3) abstracts. Address questions to the 2021 Program Chair, Kenneth Embry, at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “SECRA CASE SUBMISSION or the 2020 President, Jonathan Krispin, at email@example.com.
CONFERENCE REGISTRATION FEES
Regular registration (on or before January 18, 2021) – $75 (includes SECRA Membership)/$25 for students and retirees
Late registration fee (after January 18, 2021) – $100/$35 for students and retirees
ALSO ACCEPTING SUBMISSIONS FOR THE SOUTHEAST BUSINESS RESEARCH ASSOCIATION (SEBRA)!!
This year, for the first time, we will also offer a program in affiliation with the Southeast Business Research Association (SEBRA). SEBRA is accepting original manuscripts featuring research or conceptual writing for presentation during a pre-conference program that will commence on Thursday, February 25, 2021. This program will also be conducted virtually. Authors that wish to submit papers for inclusion in the SEBRA program should submit papers directly to Mick Fekula (firstname.lastname@example.org), no later than November 9, 2020 for consideration.
SEBRA manuscripts should follow the same formatting guidelines used for SECRA, which may be found at https://secra1.wordpress.com/.
SEBRA CONFERENCE REGISTRATION FEES
Regular Registration for SEBRA (on or before January 18, 2021) – Complimentary with registration for the SECRA conference. If you wish to attend the SEBRA conference program, but not the SECRA program, the cost is $60 ($25 for students and retirees)
Late Registration fee – $75 ($35 for students and retirees)