2023 CALL FOR CASES, CASE EMBRYOS, PAPERS, & SYMPOSIA
The 2023 program organizers of the Southeast Case Research Association (SECRA) invite new and experienced case writers to submit original, unpublished cases to be presented at the 31st Annual SECRA Conference. Cases in early development may be submitted without an instructor’s manual. Case embryos in the very early stages may also be submitted.
Complete case and IM submissions for full review and award consideration are due:
November 14, 2022
(Embryo cases and abstract submissions are accepted through January 9, 2023)
SECRA serves as a channel for the development and publication of case studies in all areas of business, education, social issues, technology, healthcare and other disciplines. Cases with an instructor’s manual, cases without an instructor’s manual, case embryos, and abstracts will be considered. All cases presented at the 31st Annual Conference will qualify for review and possible publication in the Southeast Case Research Journal. SECRA strongly encourages student authored case submissions and participation.
- Complete cases and instructor manual (IM) submissions are due by November 14, 2022.
- Camera-ready abstracts and revised materials due by January 20, 2023.
- To be included in the printed program, the registration fee must be paid by January 22, 2023.
- Hotel guaranteed rate date: February 1, 2023.
- Late SECRA registration fee: February 1, 2023.
The 31st Annual Meeting of the Southeast Case Research Association will be held February 23-25, 2023, in Myrtle Beach, SC.
In addition to the roundtable format used for case presentation and discussion/feedback, we are pleased to announce that we will also have an instructional/developmental track for individuals who would like to receive training on how to develop and write strong case studies. This track will run concurrently with the round tables, and will feature instruction from Susan Peters (editor of the Southeast Case Research Journal), and other experienced case writers.
SECRA uses an online submission process.
- Conference authors and reviewers should register and create a user profile in the TDL/OJS as soon as is convenient at: https://journals.tdl.org/secrj/index.php/secrj/login. For full access to the Journal Website, please update your user roles to include reader, author, and reviewer.
- When submitting your case for the conference, be sure to select the “SECRA Conference Submission – 2023” section. All other sections are for Journal submissions. Cases accepted for presentation at the conference will be published in the Conference Proceedings.
- Questions? Email the Program Chair, Mary Dittman at email@example.com or SECRA President Marko Horn at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please follow these guidelines to aid in the review and editing process:
- Submissions must be formatted and submitted electronically according to the instructions on the SECRA website (https://secra1.wordpress.com/) by November 14, 2022. Case submissions should not include information that identifies the authors or their affiliations. Failure to follow the formatting/submission guidelines may delay or disqualify acceptance.
- SECRA strongly encourages student submission and participation. Please indicate the contact author, faculty advisor, and student author(s), as applicable.
- Cases submitted must not have been published or presented elsewhere. Only complete cases with an accompanying instructor manual submitted by the submission deadline will be considered for awards.
- A tiered evaluation process will examine 1) full cases, 2) embryo cases, and 3) abstracts. Address questions to the 2023 Program Chair, Mary Dittman, at email@example.com with the subject line “SECRA CASE SUBMISSION or the SECRA President, Marko Horn at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CONFERENCE REGISTRATION FEES
Regular registration (before February 1, 2023) – $195 (includes SECRA Membership)/$90 for students and retirees
Late registration fee (after February 1, 2023) – $225/$125 for students and retirees